Picture labels

For my little beauty, I have come up with a system that works GREAT! She was having trouble putting her clothing away in the correct place. she would take the entire stack and shove it into a hole, drawer, under the bed, etc... It was "put away" just in the wrong place. I wanted to label her drawers, but she has a reading disorder called dyslexia. There are varying degrees of this disorder, but hers was diagnosed as severe. It is almost like she is blind to reading. That being the case, word labels were not going to help. So I tool a Polaroid camera and took pictures of a few items that belonged in each drawer. I then taped them the front of the drawers. This has been fantastic! It works so well now because she does not have to guess at the words, she can just use the pictures to find the correct home for her clothing.

No comments: